ST a SuperBike?

The September issue of SuperBike just arrived. It contains a 32 page
SuperBike shootout.

Contestants include the Yamaha R7, MV Augusta F4 Oro, Bimota SB8R, Suzuki
Hayabusa, Yamaha R6, Aprilia Mille, Yamaha R1, Honda CBR600 and ........
the Sprint ST!

"Like the VFR800 last year the Triumph was included as the joker in the
pack; if you like, a bike that was supposed to define the bottom end of the
performance spectrum. We expected it to come last but the reality is that
overall it did somewhat better. Where we really anticipated that the Sprint
would flop was on the track, not least of all because it really is a
behemoth of a bike, but everyone who rode the Triumph around Circuit Val de
Vienne's tight and twisty topography was pleasantly surprised"

Overall the ST ended up in 6th - not bad for a bike that was tossed in to
define 8th place ......

I have requested reprint permission - If I get it, I will be sure to post
the article

- - Eric