Veto alarm for the Sprint ST

I've just joined these mailing lists and I thought I'd let you know about a
problem I've had with the Triumph Veto alarm.

After parking the bike for an hour or so last week, I found I couldn't
disarm the alarm to start the bike again.  I checked the remote control
batteries & the bike fuses and tried re-synchronising the remote control,
but couldn't solve the problem, so I called Datatool, the manufacturers.

They suggested it might be intereference from a radio station or cellphone
transmitter.  Sure enough, there was a radio mast on a hilltop nearby, with
line of sight from the bike.  I pushed the bike about 10 metres, behind a
building, and I was able to disarm the alarm.

Of course, by that time I'd flattened one of the remote control batteries,
collected a stack of parking tickets and annoyed all the locals as I'd had
to leave it parked in front of a church over a weekend (my excuse is that I
was away at home getting married!)...

So if your alarm won't disarm, as a first step trying pushing the bike out
of line-of-sight from any radio masts!

Neil Anderson
Based in Germany
Parked in Italy for a bit longer than I'd wanted
Married in Scotland!