Re: How hot is the ST?

> I test rode a Daytona last year and it was an excellent ride! However, the
> amount of heat coming from the fairing onto the legs was ferocious. I read
> that this problem was fixed with the ST. Is this the case? I noticed a
> couple of postings today on this list about removing the bottom of the
> fairing and that this made the bike cooler to ride (as in heat wise I am
> assuming :-).
> cheers,
> Grant.

I think this heat talk about the ST is much overdone. I have ridden quite a
few bikes that generate more heat that this bike and personally don't find
it bad at all. If you want HEAT ride my Buell for a spell, better yet take
my Buell, but then you would probably just find a lawyer then wouldn't
you.;-)

Paul & Dee Steinbacher
1999 Sprint ST
1997 Buell M2