Re: New Member

After reading Jonathan's response this morning, I realized that I missed
this one all together....

At 10:11 AM 07/29/1999 -0500, Jeff_Myers@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 >I am in the market for a sport-touring bike that is fun for solo riding,
 >yet also comfortable enough for two-up weekend trips.   I appreciate

same criteria that I had

 >What I hope to gather from this list is:
 >
 >     Hinckley Triumph ownership experience
 >     Rating of Hinckley Triumph Customer Service

96 Sprint - problems: crack in airbox (warranty) faulty petcock (warranty)
- - other than that normal maintenance
98 T509 (Speed Triple) - problems: stalling on downshift coming to a stop.
Fixed after 3 rounds at the shop - new tune from Triumph and a run on a gas
analyzer finally fixed the problem. No valve problems

Customer service seems to vary depending on the individual dealerships. I
cannot speak for other countries, but at least here in the US, if the
problem makes it to ToA they are usually very good at taking care of the
problems (other than supplying the hard bags...)

I have been very fortunate to have a dealership that realizes the benefit
of keeping their customer base happy (knowing that they may get first shot
at future sales)

 >     Problems with Sprint STs

bolt recall and centerstand recall both done. Fuel gauge wacky with fix on
the way.

 >     Joys of Sprint ST ownership

Way too many to list - If you have read Paul Masters ride story posted
yesterday, you'll know what I mean

 >     Year 2000 model rumors

No major changes other than the addition of Blue (and the RS of course)

 >     Anything else of interest to a potential owner.

ST ownership has been shown to dramatically increase your sex life ......

 >I recently returned a '71 Triumph Bonneville to the road after she sat in
 >storage for 10 years, so the sport-tourer will not be alone in my garage.

The start of a fine stable .....

- - Eric