OC Triumph

>>Subject: Re: OC Triumph
>>At 07:23 PM 07/28/1999 -0700, Stuart Mumford wrote:

>>I know I have heard the name on this list before, and if there was a
>>searchable archive of this list ( hint hint Mr. Sheley )
>> I wouldn't have to ask this; OC Triumph good, bad or indifferent ?
>> Service department? I was in
>>there this a.m. talking to Wayne and he seems like a good guy, plus they
had
>>5 ST's on the floor. 3 black, 2 red, one red one with the bags, even!
>>Stuart Mumford < - - Saturday the 31st.? Hmmmm.

>Good - great service from what I understand, as long as you never question
>Mickey. But he can really make those triples sing, so I could live with it.

>A lot of customers swear by the shop including John King

Wayne is a nice enough guy, although I heard he might be leaving (I heard
to Triumph USA). His appearance is deceiving. Looks like he should be work
in a Harley dealership, not Triumph (whatever the hell that means) but you
soon find he's quite knowledgeable. Mick is very knowledgeable and does a
good, clean job for services, warranty work, adding accessories (i.e.,
heated grips, bags), etc. Your right, Mick isn't interested in your
opinion, although he's not rude about it. He just knows what he knows and
dammit, he's right! OC Triumph put together the winning Pro Thunder team
last year. I understand they spent some bucks doing so ($100,000+).

Couple of nit picks. They don't have an answering machine announcing when
they're open and when they're closed. They don't post on the door that
they've all taken the weekend off to go to the races. Hours of operation is
not precise, maybe they'll be open at 10 or 11, maybe not. Not much in the
way of staff, wish they had another person on hand, at least on Saturday.
Wayne doesn't get back to you even if he says he will. Wish they had more
Triumph accessories for me to waste my money on.

Would I buy another bike from them? Will I continue to trust my ST to them
for service, accessories, etc.? Yes on both accounts.

MR