throttlemeister installation

Eric, I just got a throttlemeister for the ST and wanted to be sure of
something you said about them.  You said "the only difference is that you
don't use the grip adapter as the heated grips leave an exposed area of
hard plastic for the
Throttlemeister to contact".  I believe that the adapter you refer to is
what they are calling the "friction sleeve" that slides over the throttle
sleeve and under the grip.  I also have the heated grips, and installed
mine without the friction sleeve,  It seems to work ok (I haven't used it
much yet), but I wanted to confirm that we were talking about the same
thing.  This is my first throttlemeister, and think I will like it a lot.
Thanks a million for your help and advice,      David Gilmore