RE: new to list- w/ questions

Hello Jeff. Welcome. My name is Dennis Tackett and I live in Dallas TX. I've
had a black ST for 5 months. Here's my .02.

and at the same time I mentioned that the gas gauge
was acting funny.  (This was prior to reading the list
discussion on gas gauges.)  My local dealer, Cycle Parts
in Eugene, OR was right on it and said they would take
care of it.  They did.  It seems to work fine now and
they even got the bike back to me before the long weekend.

Keep an eye on it. It is not linear unless you got a fix the rest of us
didn't. Count on a safe range of 200 miles on a tankful. Use your trip meter
until you get to know your gas guage quirks.

Sportster turn into a tiny little dot in the rear view mirror.

My '73 Bonnevile did that too but that's another website subject.

Now for the questions:
  Has anyone else experienced a vibration in the handgrips?
  I was wondering if the motor mounts may have loosened a bit.

I noticed your other bikes listed below. The Triumph triple does have a
little vibration compared to the the typical Jap 4 cylinder. Have your
dealer check it or ride another 3 cylinder to compare.

  At the risk of starting a major debate, what is the best
  mileage (kilometerage?) to switch to synthetic oil?

This was debated quite a bit on our website. You should be safe switching at
700 miles. Do not switch before 500 miles though.

  Has anyone heard of a consumer version of the "gameboy" for
  messing with the Sagem fuel system?

Havent heard of one myself.

I'm also very interested in the Givi bag installation.
I considered the idea of mounting the Givi universal bags
and wingrack, but wimped out and am still waiting for the
"factory bags".  The folks at Givi told me that it would not
fit because of the exhaust.  I guess they did not know about
the Ducati swivel exhaust feature.

I have the factory bags. Everyone seems to like them except for a couple of
people. They are big enough to fit a helmate into and match nicely to the
bike's lines and color.

Don't forget about the ST Ralley in Arkansas in August.

Dennis Tackett
99 Black Sprint ST
73 TR5MX 500 Vintage Roadracer