Re: throttlemeister installation

At 12:30 PM 06/01/1999 -0600, David Gilmore wrote:
>something you said about them.  You said "the only difference is that you
>don't use the grip adapter as the heated grips leave an exposed area of
>hard plastic for the
>Throttlemeister to contact".  I believe that the adapter you refer to is
>what they are calling the "friction sleeve" that slides over the throttle
>sleeve and under the grip.  I also have the heated grips, and installed
>mine without the friction sleeve,  It seems to work ok (I haven't used it
>much yet), but I wanted to confirm that we were talking about the same
>thing.  This is my first throttlemeister, and think I will like it a lot.

David,

Yes, the "friction sleeve" is what I was referring to. On the non heated
grips the sleeve provides a surface for the throttlemeister to contact
(instead of just hitting the rubber on the end of the grip).

Have to play a little with the washers to get the appropriate amount of
grip. Also, I find its better to use a couple of the really thin washers vs
one larger one. That way if you happen to be on a long run when it looses
its grip, it is a matter of removing a single washer to increase the bite
again. Mine loosened up on my road trip last year - about 2500 miles into
the run. Took me all of 15 seconds to fix it ......

- - Eric