Bags

> After 5+ hours later I have the bags on.  Man was that a chore!!

    At the weekend I was talking to a friend of a friend who's a
Triumph mechanic, and who *hates* putting bags on STs (like he gets
the chance very often...).  He was overjoyed to hear that I won't be
buying bags from his dealership!

> I must have added 10 lbs.  of bracketry to the bike.  I guess I am
> going to have to add the CF exhaust to try and negate the additional
> weight.

    If you're talking about the Triumph CF exhaust, is it worth it?
As far as I know it's a CF wrap over a steel can.

> I am a little disappointed about what is involved if you want to
> raise the exhaust when the bags are removed.

    Oh?  Do tell.

> A touring bike with out a helmet lock???

    Yes, interesting decision that one.

> And what about the absence of lash on points near the rear seat,
> there is no way to tie anything down!!

    There are bungee points on the rear footrest hangers.  They're
rather low for my liking, but I have lashed stuff to the pillion seat
a few times using straps between these and the grab rail.

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_             The idea of a planning session sounds
  ixion.org.uk    / -.--.    ___   good as long as there is plenty of
+44 171 721 2672 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-'  beer and I don't have to do anything.
'99 Sprint ST   \__/ `---'  \__/                            -- Jeff Wain