Suspension tips?

Hi all,
Had a fine time yesterday scooting around the Hessiche-Spessart nr Aschaffenberg (try the Schollkrippen 'race track' - 10km of madness with perfect camber and surface, if you live in the area!).
I made the following adjustments to the suspension, which seemed to enormously improve control without any adverse effect on comfort over bumps, small animals (only joking) etc.

Front pre-load
+1 turn clockwise (stock was showing 10mm ie. two rings clearance above triple clamp) - this brings it to about 8mm (estimate)

Rear-Pre load (through hole in frame)
Stock is 10 turns out from 'full in'
I added +1 turn clockwise for 9 turns out from full-in

Rear Compression/Re-bournd damping
+0.25 turns
stock is 1.5 turns out; I use 1.25 turns from full-in position.

Perhaps others have tried different from stock settings and could recommend them or comment on these?

thanks
Jonathan (74kg = 163lb unsprung bodyweight!)