US dealers

	I'm one of the folks who called and had great service from Jack
Lilley's back in the UK. I have nothing but respect for their service
and friendliness. Great dealer and quick on the tall screen delivery.
I'm thinking about ordering more items this way.
	After reviewing another ST digest and reading all of the members
comments it's becoming even more clear that Triumph USA needs to get
their act together. Don't know if it's their own fault or problems
across the pond, but...
	It took me three months to get by hard bags and alarm and yet there's
still many on the list complaining about the bags. But we can go to the
UK and get them quicker! Or Canada has lots of them! Bad trend. I will
continue to order from Jack Lilley's because I want the products but
that sure is hurting my dealer. How does the dealer feel when we as
individuals can get the items from the UK in six days and they can not
even order the parts? I want a Triumph jacket now and the dealer has
been trying to see if the leather jacket with Triumph across the chest
is available in fabric as was rumored. Been waiting three weeks without
any positive yes or no answer. I sent a message to Triumph a month ago
via their web site about the possibility of the lower cost Triumph
Cordura fabric jackets that I can only find in black being available in
at least red to match my bike and relieve some of the Texas heat soak,
no response. I do not like black anything in the Texas summers, let
alone a jacket.
	I love the bike and will put up with most of what we face. But Oh how
good this could be with a little better parts and accessories support
with our US dealers.
	I'm still waiting on the bolts to arrive for the sump recall. I've had
the letter since April 19 but the dealer still tells me no bolts. On the
other hand Triumph USA sent me an e-mail that the bolts are in stock in
good quantity and can be at the dealer within 24 hours. I received this
on May 21. Ok, it's been 14 days now but my dealer hasn't called that
the bolts are in. The other comment was that if I wanted to check to see
if the dealer has order the parts I could call Triumph USA at a non toll
free number to check that the parts were on order. Huh? Wait a minute,
didn't I pay a fair price for a product that has been deemed as needing
a recall that could in some conditions be injury inducing? Now I'm
supposed to wait two months and then call long distance on my own nickel
to see if the parts were even ordered? Why weren't the correct bolts,
gasket, and exhaust gaskets if needed sent to each dealer and my bike
called in? If she springs a leak on the way to the rally I'm just out of
luck?
	I'm not trying to bellyache even though it sounds that way. My job here
at work is to handle similar situations and make them right so I think I
know how to keep customers happy. Let's make Triumph the industry
standard. We've already got the best bike, why not the best
dealer/support network?
- --
"The truth is out there"

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays, Red Triumph ST "Merlin"
Raytheon TI Systems Company
Harpoon Manufacturing
Voice Number: 972-952-5065
Pager Number: 972-598-0346
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.