Re: Top Rack Installation

> It was probably my message to Lisa off line....
>
> I threatened a rant on the subject and am still not cool enough to talk
> about it (plus at 11:00pm, I am still at work, so I am doubly unhappy)
>
> The old grab rail will come off with only 4 bolts, but that is where the
> fun ends.

Eric,

I'm going to ask the obvious stupid question. I picked up my rack today,
looked at the instructions and all of the hardware,  then went out to the
bike, removed the grab rail and looked some more; Hmmmm.....sure looks like
this thing would just bolt on......tried just bolting on.......fits.....seat
goes on! What is the purpose of all the added pieces, seems to fit just fine
like it is? I also tried a "dry fit" of the rack to the furnished mounting
plate and it seems all wrong to me. The plate is in a flat plane and the
mounting base for the rack is the same as the grabrail, made to mount at two
separate levels, looks like there are some missing shims if it is to mount
correctly to the plate!!!!!! This is really starting to bug me!!!!!!!!! Did
Buell do the design work on this part of the package by any chance?

Paul Steinbacher