Re: Valve Info

>At 02:16 PM 06/03/1999 -0700, Duner Tor wrote:
>> I need information on the ST valves. What kind are they? Clearances? Any
>>other pertinent info would be appreciated. My local Honda mechanic will be
>>doing a valve adjustment-at 600 miles. Unfortunately, my local (200
>>miles)Triumph shop proved to be a bunch of incompetent douchebags. TIA
>
>Duner, I saw that Paul responded with the info - however, your email says
>600 miles ? (not 6000). Is there a reason that you are doing them at 600 or
>was that a typo?
>
>- Eric
======================
   No typo. The bike has had a "ticking"sound since day one. Someone else
had a similar noise, and reported here that retourquing the exhaust bolts
took care of it. I pointed this out to the mechanic doing the 600 mile
service. When I picked up the bike, he said the exhaust bolts were fine and
it sounded like a valve,  not to worry, it would be fine until the 6000
mile service. I didn't like the explanation and I really hate listening to
the noise. Then I stopped by the Honda shop and asked the guys(both
considered good mechanics) in the shop to listen to it. They were appalled
that the Triumph mechanic had let me take it without fixing what they
considered to be a significant,apparently, valve problem. Significant
enough that they suggested I not ride it.They agreed to adjust the valves,
but obviously, are not familiar with the specifics of an ST. So, we'll see
what's up next Tuesday.
  One thing for sure,is that I'll now have to travel 400 miles for service.
 Anybody with advice on this ,admittedly, poorly described problem feel
free to give it.

 The Triumph mechanic also mentioned that two of my crankcase bolts were
extremely loose.

Duner Tor
Bozeman MT