Obsession(was Valve Info)

>At 10:06 PM 06/04/1999 -0700, Duner Tor wrote:
>>   No typo. The bike has had a "ticking"sound since day one. Someone else
>
>more than the normal "noisy" triumph motor ? Has the Honda dealer worked on
>Triumphs? and have you compared that to another Triumph?

>- Eric
==================
 I understand about the very "mechanical" sound of the Triumph, and it's
one of the reasons I like the bike. I'm not much of a mechanic, but the
sound I'm trying to describe sounded out of place even within  the
cacophony of the engine noise. For example, I can hear it, and only it,
through my earplugs at 80 mph, when it becomes an unhealthy clattering
sound. Unfortunately,I have not compared it to another Triumph.
  If the Triumph wrench had said it was normal, I would have learned to
live with it. But, he identified it as  a valve noise, as did the Honda
guys.
  I'll post the outcome.

Duner Tor
Bozeman MT