RE: Starting problems

Well, I put the email out to the T5 list about the FI systems having
problems on the 99's and didn't get any respondents saying that they had
similar problems.

I checked with my dealer on the T5's and he said the same thing.

Brad Sheridan did mention (below) that he had a starting problem and it was
caused by a bad battery. Maybe this is the problem that Dennis is
experiencing. It would explain the intermittent nature, being effected by
heat and why he could push start the bike. If it was a fuel pump problem, I
would assume pushing would have little effect other than making you tired
of pushing the bike. Should have thought of that last night....

I know that Lorin had a bad battery and I think there was one other lister
as well - hopefully that is the problem as it would be a very easy fix.
My prblem is not related to the battery. The engine turns over and all the
lights work. It just cranks and cranks but never starts unless I turn it
off, wait about 5 minutes, and then it starts. Acts like a classic case of
vapor lock but that's not it either. Frustrating. We hope to get a response
out of Atlanta this week.