Re: Top Rack/Fuel Gauge

At 04:59 PM 06/07/1999 -0400, TXToday@xxxxxxx wrote:
>Yes, the problem with the seat latch was related to the top rack.  I solved
>it by adding a couple washers under the latch.  What'd you do?  The tool kit
>wouldn't fit because of the new cross member that was installed.  I just set
>it on the shelf in there and figure it should be fine.

Rick,

Did the same. I added a couple of washers so I could unlock it easier. Had
the same problem with the tools. Not a problem for me, but I could see
someone with the alarm being out of space.

>Any word on the fuel gauge problem?  That's the only issue I still have to
>remedy.

As a few others have stated, the latest info that I have heard is that
Triumph knows it is a problem and that they are working on what they
believe is the problem, but that it has not been remedied yet.

The problem is not a 100% failure, so some have seen a proper gauge from
day 1 and a few others that have done the replacement have ended up with
working gauges. I'm surprised that Triumph is still allowing replacements
to be made in the field. You would think they would simply tell the service
departments to hold all claims waiting for the fix. Right now they are just
dropping money ....

- - Eric