Re: One weekend and 1350 miles later....

At 06:59 PM 06/08/1999 -0400, Charlie wrote:
>I found the bars to be just a little too far forward for me for comfortable
>all day (about 11 hours) cruising.  However this feeling went away when off
>the superslab and traveling more secondary roads with curves.  Any word on
>the availability of aftermarket kits to bring the bars back or higher?

I've been working with Gene at GenMar on the risers. The big problem is
that there is just not enough slack in the stock cable to allow a large
enough riser to be added. So we made some measurements and Gene has decided
to offer the kit with a new front brake line. He was ordering a stock cable
to get the exact measurement and then was going to get new cables made and
finish off the kits. I would assume that they should be available in the
next few weeks.

>probably on the small side compared to the average rider.  Guess trying to
>put "cruiser pegs" on this bike would be silly!!!;)

uhhh ... yeah....

>as a precaution) this week.  Will let the list know what the valve
>clearances were like.

Thanks

If anyone else has their valves checked, please ask the dealer to supply
you with a complete list of clearances on all valves. I would like to start
compiling a database with the results.

- - Eric