Starting problem

Well, maybe we have made progress. Keith at RPM called me this morning.
According to Atlanta they have seen this problem on a 595 and 2 new Speed
Triples here in the US. The early models had a problem with the crank
trigger pickup. When the bike gets hot it affects the impedance of the
pickups. When the key is turned off and then back on it's like a hard reset
and computer routes a little more juice to the pickups to compensate for the
higher impedance. I hope I got all that right. Keith has ordered me a new
version pickup as all that he has in stock are the old ones. I'll take it
down there Saturday and leave it. He should have it back to me sometime next
week. I don't know if this info is being circulated around the various
dealers. If you have had this problem I would let your dealer know. If
anyone needs to talk to my dealer his number is 972-620-3883. Eric, you may
want to circulate this on the T5 site even though no one said they had the
problem.

End of st-digest V1999 #102