Re: Alarms

Tony,

	I have the Veto alarm.  It took me about 45 minutes to install.
If I did it again maybe 25 minutes.  You have to drill 4 holes. It came
with two alarm activation/deactivation fobs, the unit, and pretty good
instructions (no directions on use however, but I got them off of the list
from Eric and Datatool also sent me directions).

	http://www.datatool.co.uk/04veto.htm

	The alarm is nice because the bike was made for it.  There is a
red LED that flashes behind the parking light above the front head lights.
The alarm will go off if activated when you turn the key, or move the bike
past a certain degree.  It has no proximity sensor.  It also has a 30
second self arm (you will only forget about this feature once :), service
mode (with an annoying chirp every 15 seconds or so), and ferry mode
(turns off the movement sensor).

	Overall, it is a good alarm, but pretty pricey even though it is a
snap to install.  There weren't a lot of other choices in my area at
dealers, I didn't know anyone with a bike alarm, and I wanted something
that I could add myself.

David