Bags

Mark wrote:
We are about to order the three hard bag luggage set for my wife's new
ST.  She said she thought the black bags might look nice on the red
bike.  Has anyone else seen or done this?

Mark, I have not "seen or done" this, but you might want to take a look
at the pictures of the bikes with the matching bags at Triumphnet.com,
use a little imagination, and see if this is what you really want.  On
the main ST page, you can enlarge the advertisement for a look at a red
ST with red bags, and on the Owner's Pictures page, you can see a black
one.  I would also look at the pictures of Eric's bike, even though he
has a different paint job (beautiful!).

The bags are finished in the same color as the bike, and the red bags,
with black at the bottom, fit "the line" of the red ST well -- much
better than I first thought that they would.  Unfortunately, the picture
of the Red ST I referred you to above does not give you a dead on side
shot so you can see what I mean.  The pictures of Eric's bike may give
you a better idea of what I am talking about. IMHO, having two totally
black bags will probably play with "the line" too much.

Just my $.02!  Please tell Marlene I'm glad there is another female ST
rider out there . . . . ;-) !

Lisa White
1999 Red Sprint ST