Re: Decisions, decisions....

At 03:20 PM 06/15/1999 -0500, Steven Kohlscheen wrote:
>Am I the only one disapointed to now find out the RAT run
>in Gallena, Ill is on the same weekend as our rally?  Wish
> the RAT folks would have been a little quicker about getting
>that info out, I did enjoy my time there last year, and will
>miss it alittle while exploring the "wilds" of AR with you
>fine folks.

Steven,

Don't blame US RAT for that - Torque is published 4 times per year and the
cut off for submissions is prohibitive when trying to put ride info out.
Rest assured that Travis Milner (head US RAT) is working on a better system
for getting info out to US riders. Sorry that we are cutting into a RAT
run, but I guarantee you'll still have a great time anyway.

RAT (uk) did approach us when the rally was first announced, but wanted it
turned over completely to RAT. It would then have become a general RAT run
(no longer the ST rally). While I will not restrict any motorcycle from
showing up and riding with us (as a matter of fact I encourage all makes /
models to attend), I wanted an event that would be fun for ST owners. I am
hoping that this will become a regular (maybe 2x year) event and will catch
on in other countries as well. Maybe ... maybe not, but you never know
until you try. All I can say is that I am eagerly awaiting the August
event....

I hope that everyone that "is on the fence" about attending will just throw
caution to the wind and go ahead and make the reservations to ride with
us.....

On that note, I have received a couple of emails with the general tone that
the word "Rally" is not liked at Triumph UK .... not sure if it has
different meanings elsewhere ..... Any way, with that in mind, I would like
to create a name for the event that does not use the word "Rally" in the
title. Ideally it should be something that has the ST name in it and could
be used anywhere (not just in the US)...

Any suggestions?

>Eric, was that you and your Sprint in the Daytona picture on the far right?

Not sure - my Torque has not arrived yet. At Deleon Springs they took a
group shot at they had me and a similarly painted 595 up front. Is the pic
colour or B/W ?

- - Eric