Re: Who is Jack Lilley?

<<in addition to being a superb dealer, he is also rumored to be a really
nice guy ....>>
Steve is certainly very friendly and always willing to 'put the kettle on' (make a cup of tea) for anyone brave enough to ride down to Shepperton, if you are ever in the area.  If you get the chance to learn about the 'British sense of humour' before going this would really help (e.g. 'taking the piss')... I had a great time when I showed up on a 1958 Lambretta (long story) and was made very welcome.  Even helped a little with the designs for a T509 cockpit windshield they were working on.  Make sure to say hi to Brian upstairs in the parts and accessories area.  If you want to get any special bits it might be worth checking with them before showing up as some are hard to come by and stocks sometimes run low.

cheers
Jonathan

At 10:35 AM 06/15/1999 -0400, Mark Patrick wrote:
>We're new to both Triumphs and this mailing list.  Who is Jack Lilley?
>Is it a decent manual?

Jack Lilley's is one of the premier Triumph Dealers in the world. Started
many years ago by the late Jack Lilley, it is now in the capable hands of
his son Steve.

Steve does much to advance the Triumph marquee including

** the manufacture of custom bits for the T5s (and soon for the ST)
** the sale of many bikes
** world wide shipping of custom / unique / U.K. only parts
** outstanding customer service and support
** support of a 595 race team (and rumored to be the dealer to run the new
600 team)
** sponsorship of the T5 website (maybe even someday the ST site ...)

In addition to being a superb dealer, he is also rumored to be a really
nice guy ....

Steve can be reached at "Steve Lilley <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" and his
website is at http://www.jacklilley.ltd.uk

Steve subscribes to the digest version of the ST list and comments from
time to time, but in all honesty I seriously doubt he gets a chance to read
all the posts.

I'm sure others here can and will vouch for his services as well ...

Advert mode off ;-)

- - Eric