From: mfay@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mfay@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 1999 5:03 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Mixing compounds

     > I've always heard that you should not mix tread patterns /
profiles
     > but have not heard anything on mixing compounds. Did you ask
Mickey
     > at OCT for his opinion?

     Mixing compounds is fine as long as the front end has the stickier
     version. I've been doing this with Azzaros on my last two bikes and
it
     works really well. Not only do the wear rates match up better but
you
     can be confident that (Unless you make a complete fox paw) the rear

     will start to slide before the front, which is always reassuring.

     Martin

     '97 Suzuki TL1000S (Grease Spot)
     '79 Guzzi  V50 II
     '81 Suzuki X5      (Elleva)