Hockenheim Michelin Pilot test report

Two friends from our riding club went last week to the Michelin Test Track Day to preview the new Michelin Pilot street version.  Andy reports that the tyre is made of a hard compound silica designed to last 4500-7500km (rear) on normal use - it is a direct replacement for the Michelin Hi Sport.   Apparently they did >230km in the day on the short-circuit of Hockenheim and the tyres lasted very well - predictable, sticky and about 1/3 worn on the edges (middle is not at all worn of course!).  I recieved a letter from Michelin saying that they have been homologated for the Sprint ST in Austria, Germany, Switzerland etc. and that the certification is with the tyre dealers (ie. the bit of paper you get when you buy some).  If the price is right I might get a set of these instead of the Dragon GTS.

cheers
Jonathan