Re: Rt. Pannier

>>Question: how do I raise the exhaust back to the higher level?
>From a brief inspection it looks like I'll have to remove the pannier
frame on the right hand side; can this be right?<<

Yes, you have to remove the frame. I was also surprised to learn that I
would have to disassemble the pannier frame to move the exhaust back to the
original higher position. After taking off the rear fairing to inspect the
changes wrought by the installation and to see how the frame was attached
to the bike, however, it doesn't look too difficult.

Although I thought I would use the panniers for extended overnight trips
only, I find that I use them all the time. I've had the bike up to 120 MPH
(GPS accurate) with the bags without any instability and the lower pipe
does not realistically (on the street) affect ground clearance. The only
time having the panniers is inconvenient is when I am splitting traffic lanes.

MR