Re: Paint/New Lister

At 09:46 AM 6/22/99 -0400, Brian Wolfe wrote:
>TXToday@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >snip>
> >
> > Eric, Please add Mike from Austin, TX to the list.  I met Mike riding a red
> > Sprint ST at the Kieth Code Superbike School.  His e-mail is:
> > jmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > Rick Paukert
> > The Woodlands, TX
>
>Mike:
>I'm signed up for Keith's school in October. I'm tentatively planning to
>ride my ST. Would you recommend riding my own bike or use theirs?

The bike did fine, other than the footpeg feelers.  I really wish I had
taken them off/ground them down as they touch down really soon (not news to
this group, I imagine).  What with the unsettling grinding and my normal
slow-butt self, I wasn't very fast, so the stock BT57s did just fine as well.

That said, taking the bike on one of the ZX6s would've been a lotta
fun.  Except that it's $500 (I think), I would probably recommend the
ZX-6.  For $500, you can get rid of your hero blobs, toss on a set of race
compound tires, cover your motel room, and buy your SO something to make up
for you spending another weekend doing "bike stuff."  Of course, if you
happen to toss the bike down...  Also, you'll need to swap your coolant for
water + Water Wetter, and move your pipe up (neither's that hard).

FWIW, I found the 6's and the Sprint to be pretty evenly matched in the
sprint (no pun intended) down the straight at Texas World Speedway (track
layout at http://www.flash.net/~cmra/maps/tws.jpg).  I was surprised, as I
expected them to disappear, what w/ ~100# less and smaller barn door to
push.  The instructor's ZX9s didn't stay around for long though. :-)

                                                         justmike

p.s.  Hi gang!  Cool bike, eh? :-)