Re: Black bags on red bike?

According to Eric Sheley:

> At 11:25 PM 06/22/1999 +0200, Kyle Rocke wrote:
> >I finally got around to the editing you two were talking about. It's a
> >little late because I just picked up my new Black ST. I'm on my second one!
> >The insurance company got my old one, "Deer Hunter".

> >1) red ST with black bags
> >2) red ST with black bags and black belly pan
> >3) red ST with black bags, belly pan and fender
> >I hope this will help when you consider mixing the colors.

> I like (2) - it needs a little something else though ......

> Thanks for the time spent changing the pics

Yes, thanks very much, Kyle.  And a fine job, too.

I find (3) quite attractive.  Maybe the fender is that "something else"
for me.  What matters, though, is what Marlene thinks, since it's her
bike, and she likes them all.  So, the black luggage has been ordered.
We'll decide later whether to change any of the body parts.

Marlene is absolutely loving the bike, getting more confident on it all
the time.  She's approaching 500 miles.  She wanted more wind protection,
so I ordered the taller screen from Jack Lilley last Thursday, right
before someone posted one for sale on the list.  :-(  Unbelievably, it
arrived yesterday, in only 5 days including the weekend!

I installed it after work, which should have been easy except I dropped
one of the bolts that secures one of the little black plastic covers on
the inside of the fairing.  It lodged somewhere in the bodywork, and no
amount of tilting, bouncing, feeling around, or praying would find it, so
I wound up having to pull the side panel off as well.

We went for a ride, and Marlene reports that she likes the new screen a lot:
much better protection but still very smooth air with no buffetting.  I'll
have to wrench the bike away from her and give it a try myself!

This morning I come into work and peel off the top sheet of my "Murphy's
Law" desk calendar to expose the page for today, and I see:

"Femo's Law of Automotive Engine Repair:  If you drop something, it will
never reach the ground."  I almost fell off my chair laughing.

Well, that got off-topic, didn't it. Oh well, thanks again to Kyle for
the pictures.

Mark
- --

Best Regards,

Mark S. Patrick                                 E-mail: msp@xxxxxxxxxx
Prism Computer Applications, Inc.               Voice:  (216) 228-1400
Cleveland, Ohio  USA                            Fax:    (216) 228-4977