Re: Rt. Pannier (the 'Ring)

Hi Jim,
I have not been to the 'Ring yet (but might join you next month - what date are you going to be there?).  From my friends who went, they did not mention dB testing and I would be surprised if the ST performance pipe was a problem - I have passed two dB check points in the Odenwald and was not pulled in, so I doubt it is much beyond the 85dB margin they allow (I was told) on the road.
I beleive they have 'bike only' days and sessions on the ring, some with training.  Check out the dates on:
http://www.nuerburgring.de/
- -> Termine '99
- -> Grossveranstaltungen

This has a table by month of who has booked for what day!

cheers
Jonathan

>>> James Gillespie <james.gillespie@xxxxxxxx> 24/06/99 12:53:38 >>>

> the lower pipe does not realistically (on the street) affect ground
> clearance.

    That would be my guess too.  But next month I'm making a
pilgrimage to the Nuerburgring, where I may (or may not) be leaning
over a bit more :-)

    On the subject of which, have any of our German residents
(Jonathan?) taken their bikes to the 'Ring yet?  I'm slightly
concerned about the 95dB noise limit.  I don't *think* the bike
exceeds that, but I'd be a bit put out if I got there and was turned
away :-(

> The only time having the panniers is inconvenient is when I am
> splitting traffic lanes.

    And even then I suspect that they don't stick out as much as I
think they do (if you see what I mean :-)

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_                 We have to have some spikey death
  ixion.org.uk    / -.--.    ___       weaponry though... Pleeeeease :)
+44 171 721 2672 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-'
'99 Sprint ST   \__/ `---'  \__/                        -- John Anglesea