Re: 5K miles on the tires, 20' on the bodywork...

Eric Sheley wrote:

> As for the jacket, I take a lot of ribbing from a few harley guys that I ride with from time to time for wearing my leather jacket in the 100 degree heat. I always think back to one of my instructors telling me long ago, as you are getting dressed, ask yourself, if I knew that I was going to go down today, how would I dress ? ....

Rick & Eric,

I believe some good came out of all of the "crash" talk on the list,
especially about Rick's wreck.  Today, Richard, who has avoided wearing
his leather jacket for the last few months (in favor of a blue jean
jacket), once again wore his leather jacket for our afternoon ride when
the heat index was somewhere between 100-105 degrees!  I know of nothing
that made him change his mind except for learning about Rick's wreck!  I
guess we all need to be reminded periodically about what safety gear can
do for us!

- - Lisa