Re: I should have bought an ark...

At 09:08 PM 06/28/1999 -0400, TXToday@xxxxxxx wrote:

>*The bags aren't totally waterproof, but I think in any reasonable rain they
>would be.  This was clearly not reasonable and any sane person would have
>pulled over.

which of the three bags leaked? Are you sure nothing was caught in the seals?

>*The backrest on the trunk isn't adhered very well, but stays in place fine
>because of the screws.

If you look on the pic that I sent of the seat cowl, you'll notice how much
I liked mine. After installing mine, I thought "this looks like crap". I
don't think it would be bad on a black bag, but on the red, the lack of
adhesion to the top box is readily apparent. After 2 attempts with other
adhesives (including a 3M super adhesive tape), I decided I would just bond
it on with Goop. I cut the underside down to make it fit better, and was
about to glue it down when I decided to let my wife try it first. She
decided that it was more comfortable without, so now I have two bolts
filling the holes in my topbox ......

Such is my luck .....

- - Eric