Rear Hugger Installation

I noticed Lisa's posting about the rear hugger installation and having to
disconnect the rear brake line, and another posting about replacing the
plastic grommets ------  if anyone else is going to install the hugger, take
a few minutes and consider an alternative.  I just installed mine this
weekend and was about to loosen/disconnect the rear brake line when I tried
inverting the installation..... essentially I pointed the hugger in the
wrong direction and slid the long, plastic chain guard section under the
brake line and then began rotating and flipping over the hugger -----
presto! it then just dropped into place and I didn't have to remove the
brake line or the grommets.

Before anyone runs off to try this, I must admit that I'm not sure if I
found this so easy because I had modified/ 'chopped'  my rear fender with a
Dremel before working on the hugger.  I saw a Daytona with a fabulous
'chopped' fender/tail section that still allowed for some short aftermarket
turn signals, witht the license plate tucked nicely right up under the tail
light ---- I did the same thing, leaving a small section of the fender where
the rectangular reflector was.  Then I pulled the reflector out and
fashioned a license plate template the same size as my license plate from a
galvanized roofing sheet metal shingle (.29 cents at Home Depot). Then I
drilled some holes in it and secured the plate through the relfector holes
with some flat headed nylon screws/bolts, allowing the license plate to be
tucked up under the tail light.  The rear end looks so clean now, and with
the hugger in place, I've got the rain/water spray issues covered.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of the finished product, as I don't have
scanner to put them on the ST site.  If anyone wants more detailed
information as to how I modified the rear end, please contact me off list at
LaCPsyD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lance LaCerte, Denver, CO