Re: Frame Sliders

<<With all of the recent casualities coming in with dropped and crashed ST's,
I've found a company INTUITIVE RACE PRODUCTS   , which makes a fantastic
product------ FRAME SLIDERS.  These 'frame sliders' are little "doughnuts"
(if you will), usually mounted through the engine mount bolts that stick out
the sides of motorcycle fairings --- they first started on race bikes, and
I'm convinced that they are an essential product to help protect the ever so
expensive replacement body panels on our beloved STs.>>

Frame savers/Frame sliders (whatever you want to call them) are certainly a
good idea but be careful what you think they may accomplish.  I have not
looked at Intuitive Race Products specifically, but many "frame savers" are
intended to keep the frame and engine cases off the ground...the bodywork
will be trashed (or at least scraped) anyway.  I'm not trying to dissuade
anyone from buying these (in fact, I think they are a good idea) but take a
look at the design and mounting locations to decide for yourself whether or
not you think it will save your bodywork.  Or ask the manufacturer whether
they will save the bodywork.

I, for one, am just trying not to crash!  :^)

- -Stephen

seh750@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netcom.com/~seh750/home.htm