Re: I should have bought an ark...

According to Eric Sheley:

> At 09:08 PM 06/28/1999 -0400, TXToday@xxxxxxx wrote:

> >*The bags aren't totally waterproof, but I think in any reasonable rain they
> >would be.  This was clearly not reasonable and any sane person would have
> >pulled over.

> which of the three bags leaked? Are you sure nothing was caught in the seals?

I have heard that GIVI makes the bags for Triumph.  Their stuff has a very
good reputation for being waterproof.  On my BMW R1100RT I have a GIVI topcase
along with the standard BMW saddlebags.  In April I rode a little over 500
miles one day in *very* heavy rain the *whole* way.  The bike was out in the
rain for 8.5 hours total, including stops.  While underway, speeds varied
from 50-80 depending on traffic and visibility.  The temperature varied from
the high thirties to the low forties.

None of the bags leaked a drop.  So I second the question about something
possibly being caught in the seals.

Mark
- --

Best Regards,

Mark S. Patrick                                 E-mail: msp@xxxxxxxxxx
Prism Computer Applications, Inc.               Voice:  (216) 228-1400
Cleveland, Ohio  USA                            Fax:    (216) 228-4977