Re: Fitting the top rack

At 05:09 PM 06/29/1999 +0100, James Gillespie wrote:
>    How difficult is it to fit the top rack?  I've just been talking
>to my local parts department who have the rack in stock and assured me
>that it's fairly simple - it just bolts on in place of the grab rail.
>Is this correct?  Is it something I can do outside the dealer?  What
>tools are needed?

Just to elaborate on what Rich W wrote, the rack comes with a series of
strengthening plates in addition to the rack. In order to install the
plates, the rear fairing must be removed and the rear fender must be
dropped. Of course if you have already installed the 2 bag panniers, you
must remove a few of the bolts that hold the brackets in place as well
.......  If the dealer offers you free install on the rack,  take them up

- - Eric