Re: I should have bought an ark...

>> >*The bags aren't totally waterproof, but I think in any reasonable rain
they
>> >would be.  This was clearly not reasonable and any sane person would have
>> >pulled over.
>
>> which of the three bags leaked? Are you sure nothing was caught in the
seals?

>I have heard that GIVI makes the bags for Triumph.  Their stuff has a very
>good reputation for being waterproof.  On my BMW R1100RT I have a GIVI
topcase
>along with the standard BMW saddlebags.  In April I rode a little over 500
>miles one day in *very* heavy rain the *whole* way.  The bike was out in the
>rain for 8.5 hours total, including stops.  While underway, speeds varied
>from 50-80 depending on traffic and visibility.  The temperature varied from
>the high thirties to the low forties.
>
>None of the bags leaked a drop.  So I second the question about something
>possibly being caught in the seals.

- ----

FWIW, I rode through a nasty-a** thunderstorm in Nevada a few weeks back on
my Sprint ST.  Pouring/blinding rain, hail, lightning, the whole works.
Bags were as dry as could be.  On that same trip, however, I noticed that
the forward strap that holds the two shells together had a tendency to get
caught when closing the bags, which would leave them open for water/dirt
entry.

Good luck!

- -Stephen

seh750@xxxxxxxxxxxxx