fuel tank fix

I found a temporary cure for the completely random fuel guages;  after running out of fuel last time coming back from Switzerland (where fuel is 20% cheaper than in Germany!) I decided
to squeeze every last drop into the tank.  Filled it up to the neck (on centrestand) and waited while the bubbles died out.  Sure enough I still got another two litres in beyond that, but it took about 10 mins to do - waiting each time for the bubbles to stop, as presumably the blocked fuel guage sender tube filled with fuel and released the trapped air.  After this, for the first time ever, the fuel guage read full, and dropped progressively to the 'red' zone at 250km.  The light came on with about 5 litres left in the tank (as opposed to before, when it came on at 150km).

If your guage is still completely random perhaps it is worth trying the above procedure once to see if it cures the problem.

cheers
Jonathan