RE: driving range on a tank of petrol

Has anyone actually driven round with a jerrycan full of fuel so
that they can run the bike completely dry?

Tim

Tim,
I unfortunately found out the hard way on running the tank dry. The very
first time I took it out I headed out to the countryside on a Sunday. I
forgot that some of the smaller towns only have one gas station and several
were closed for Sunday. I got 226 miles before I ran out of fuel. Luckily
someone was home at the house I stopped in front of and they gave me a ride
to the nearest gas station and back. At least I was by myself so my riding
buddies could only ridicule me after the fact. 200 miles is a safe distance
to ride even when you get aggressive. I continue my habit of using the
odometer to monitor when I need fuel. I'll stop when we get the gauge fix.

Dennis