^@#&*($@ Sandals!

Well, I have officially joined the ranks of the stupid. Yesterday
decided to give The Dark Side a bath. Was moving her around to get in
position in my driveway and my sandal shod foot slipped a bit. Bike
started the inexorible decent untill she rested on her right pannier and
the right front fairing. I probably held her up a bit longer than I
should have and now have some pretty sore muscles (all lower body,
luckily).

I then got to try my bike lifting skills for the first time ever. After
a coupla false starts got her up and assesed the damage: Barely
perceptible scuff on bottom front of right pannier, some minor scratches
on the front fairing, and an almost invisible scuff on the right mirror.

I can safely say that this is probably the bare minimum that could occur
in a no-speed set down. Without the bags on, however, I think the damage
would have been more extensive.

I'm gonna try the sand paper and nail polish touch-up method and see how
long I can go before I replace the fairing piece.

What did I learn? Always wear shoes! If you do lay the bike down, try
taking off the top box and other bag before lifting the damn thing up.
Coulda saved myself some strain (the adrenaline was getting to me).

Grrr!

Brian W.