RE: New ST on order

> Paul,
>
> You said that you were still haggling over the price of the ST. What
> price were you quoted? How could you have a reserve on one
> and not have
> finalized the price? I don't think the performance silencer will take
> away from the derivability as it adds only 4-5 hp. What base price were
> you quoted?
>
> Best,  Bob M.

I think your message was directed at me instead of Paul.

The price of the bike was 10k even (don't know what out the door tags,
title, and tax will be).  I still have some negotiation left on the
accessories.  I was curious what he paid for bike + accessories in order to
see if I need to shop elsewhere for the accessories.  I got a good price
(Best I could get after r four Triumph dealers) on the bike, but they are
only reducing the add-ons by 10 percent.  Their markup is usually WAY up.
The last two places I purchased a bike they sold me all the accessories I
wanted at cost.  Seems reasonable since they know they are going to get it
back on the service.

I am hoping to roll out the door with the same bit of accessories, bike,
tag, title, tax for 12k.  It will be close, but I think the dealer can make
a decent profit and get me what I want.  Although, currently they are being
stubborn.  I think because they realize they could have charged full price
for the bike and it would have went out of the showroom just as fast.