crosswinds

Jim wrote:  "I'm surprised you feel the crosswinds as much as on your
Tiger, 'cuz you're at a lower attitude. My Sprint cuts through them at a
much more controllable posture than my old concours."

Jim, I was really comparing to the 95 Trophy I traded in, although the
stability was not really much better than my Tiger.  I know the height is
different, but the Tiger has no faring, etc.  This was a strange day, as
other crosswinds haven't bothered me that much, it was just such a gusty
day that the sudden hits would take you completely by surprise, and almost
pushed me off the road or into the other lane.  I wish I knew exactly how
strong (mph) the winds were, maybe they were worse than I thought, more
time will tell.  As to the seat, I am used to the flatter pocket that
Corbin provides for your posterior, and this seat slides me some forward
and pinches parts that wouldn't bother my wife.  I am 6'3", and maybe that
has something to do with it.  The Corbins seem to settle me back and
provide a comfortable pocket and leg angle that I like.  Personal
preference and what you're accustomed to, I suppose.
The guitar player spells his name Gilmour, as opposed to mine, Gilmore.
However, since I have white hair almost down to my waist (you know, the
college professor in the arts look) I have had some fun in the past with
the similiarity of names.  Not down to illegal, mind you, just didn't argue
with people who thought they had met a celebrity.  I do kind of look the
part.