Re: fuel gauge/shifting/center stand/accessories/mirrors

At 07:58 AM 03/14/1999 -0500, Charlie wrote:
>as I have the first ST they sold.  My dealer said he will contact someone at
>Triumph and perhaps it is something with the sending unit at the tank that
>is supposed to tell the gauge what's going on.

I tried calling Shell on Friday, but was unable to get through. Let us know
if you hear anything.

>For what it is worth, I have found the shifting to become smoother as the
>bike gets more miles.  The shifting requires a more deliberate foot than a
>Japanese bike but  much less than my Harley did.

I agree - noticeable difference after the first 500 miles and just keeps
getting better. Was much the same with the 509.

>Has anybody received the replacement center stand that was recalled?  Any
>idea when they will be available?

I got mine 2-3 weeks ago - they should be readily available, although you
just may be waiting on a new batch to be delivered to Triumph.

>waiting for it!!  I am going to let the dealer install my grips that way if
>the fairing gets messed up it's his problem!  I guess it is all a matter of
>preference but I am find with the recommended mounting location on the
>fairing.

Good plan - also, my comments on the looks of placement are based on a red
bike. That black switch would really stick out - on the black ST like
yours, I would assume that it would blend nicely.

>I am still waiting on the saddlebags.

2 bag or three?

>If anyone would like to explore some Pennsylvania back roads this summer let
>me know!!  There are some great twisties around here!!

Cool - better watch it on those offers - you may just get a pack of ST's
showing up at your door ....

By the weather channel doesn't look like you'll be doing any riding today.
I ran out this morning in an attempt to beat the monsoon that is part of
that same system. This year round riding can really be tough ... ;-)

- - Eric