Re: Heated grips

At 11:26 PM 03/16/1999 +0000, Mike Fleming wrote:
>What was rather strange was the auxiliary switch arrangement on the
>build 2 bikes that I saw (the production line testing prototypes, I
>think). There was a rectangular rocker switch for the heated rear
>grips, mounted on the left fairing, aligned with the fairing edge
>(like your template), and a blanking plate for the same type of switch
>on the right fairing, slanted to run parallel with (IIRC) the line of
>the tank - in other words, the two were asymmetrical. So now you have

Well that makes a lot more sense why they would choose that location. But
now the real question is, what was the right hand blank for? Maybe for
fog/driving lights ? Whatever it was, you would not want it to be something
that was turned on and off while riding (I'm sure Triumph wouldn't want the
liability associated with having someone take their hands off the throttle
to activate the switch). Inquiring minds want to know ......

- - Eric