RE: st-digest V1999 #9 Low rev running

> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 08:29:26 -0800
> From: "Retherford, Martin" <MRetherford@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: Some Impressions
>
> Carlo / Eric,
> 	My baby is similar from idle to about 3500 rpm.  She feels
> completely different than in the rest of the rev range.  I think that it
> may
> have something to do with were the torque is generated.  At or above, if I
> remember right, 3200rpm were the torque starts to level out and later
> becomes "constant".  From about that point my baby is starting to really
> kick.  I think it is inherent to the design, i.e. bump stick, exhaust, and
> FI.
> 	The way I avoid having to deal with that area is to keep it in a
> lower gear.  I generally run her at about 4000rpm everywhere, freeway,
> street, etc.  You really can't avoid this in first gear at a traffic light
> though
>
> 	 [Ross Clifford]  The running of your bike up to around 3,250-3,500
> rpm will be down mainly to the throttle bodies balance and the CO setting.
	These are all set at the factory from new, but as with the rest of
the bike tend to bed in after a while. As long as all the other parts are OK
(Correct pipe, tune, all parts working correctly) then firslty balance the
throttle bodies, then get a dealer (With a correctly calibrated CO meter) to
set the CO to match whatever tune condition you have on your bike. This
should improve the low RPM driveability.

	Ross

End of st-digest V1999 #10