Re: Switch Placement

>Paul Steinbacher wrote:
>>
>> Eric,
>>
>> Can you give me a better description of where you put your heated grip
>> switch. I
>Paul,
>
>I've asked my dealer to install heated hand grips on my bike. I have
>absol-bloody-lutely no idea where he's gonna put it though. Cost for
>grips, and all related supplies and installation will be $250. Atre
>yours priced similiarly? Just curious.
>
>Bob
Sorry I took so long to get back, I've been working away. My dealer quoted
me $155.63 installed for the heated grips or offered a 15% discount if I
wanted to do it myself. I decided I would like to do it just to gain some
familiarity with the bike and I enjoy doing that sort of thing. My dealer
may have been relieved I did this when he saw the instruction sheet. Guess
Eric would be the one to tell us if the installation is worth that much. To
tell the truth, I was considering a BMW R1100S and the heated grips would
have cost a bunch more there so I probably would not worry too much about
the price, just grateful to have the option at all since I never had it on
any of my other so called sport tourers (Honda ST1100, Kawasaki Concours).

Paul