engine mapping

Well, the saga continues. My poor dealer is tearing his hair out. He got
the right card and it took the down load and he put an updated tune in
his daytona. So I ziggy down to the dealership for my pipe and new tune.
No dice, it won't load. The hand held's message was reconnect and try
again. We looked at all the tunes that call out the for the speed triple
and the 595 and the 955i. Nothing for the sprint code. Just reconnect
and retry. Soooo, he's on the phone with another dealer down in portland
and there trying to help. Messages into the west coast rep, (I think
this guy is a ghost) and messages at triumph peachtree. Maybe someone
somewhere will answer there voice mail and give up with the right info
or the right card. It sounds like and looks like my guy is making all
the right moves. There is something sprint specific that is missing. If
this fabulous support system can get going, roll up there sleeves and
take some action I will be amazed. I am quickly loosing my enthusiasm
with this machine and its support. Maybe knee surgery isn't such a bad
idea after all. Hey, the guy that's buying my VTR hasn't taken it home
yet and corbin can get me beattle bags in an overnight for the same
price as the sprints. Seeings how the center stand has yet to make it
out here I won't miss it as the vtr never had one.  You know with a
little attention to detail, I could go adventure touring on my 1960 r69
BMW.  I will keep the tankbag though.  I guess I'm just old fashioned
when I take someones hard earned money you can bet your ass they will
get there moneys worth. Bummed in western wa. Steve.