Center Stand etc...

Well, I just picked up the ST after its 500 mile service and had a
couple questions and comments.

First, the center stand was added and it has the tabs on it like it is
supposed to, however, I recall in a previous post that some of them were
contacting the body.  After I got the bike home and was able to inspect
it better, I found that the tab on this stand indeed rubs against the
body slightly as it it being lowered.  Can anyone help me out with what
the fix for this was.

Second, is it possible to set up the list so that there is a way to go
back and read old posts and search through them like is possible for the
T5 digest?  It would make it easier to seach back for things (such as
center stands) you recall seeing but didn't save for one reason or
another.  It might also reduce the number of times we revisit old
threads.

Third, I believe Triumph needs to update their inventory management
system.  When we bought the bike about 2 weeks ago, we ordered the 2
pannier system.  My dealer called in and was told they had them in stock
(on the computer) and should be able to get them on their way
immediately.  Well it turns out that they are not here as promised and
they are likely another two weeks away.  How it happened is that the
ones in stock were already reserved for pending orders.  Where I work,
an oilfield equipment manufacturing firm, our computer system (SAP) not
only shows us what is in stock, but whether it is reserved or not.  I
don't think it is too much to ask for a retail merchant to know not only
what is in stock, but what is really available at any given time.  I
would be a lot happier now if I had been told up front that it would be
a month before getting the panniers than finding out the day I was going
to pick it up from servicing.

Fourth, I believe the speedo is way off, 100 mph at 6000 rpm (most
recent rev limit) is far too smooth.  It felt much more like around
85-90 mph.  Also, I took a sharp right corner, the type with a posted
speed limit of 15 mph, at around 35-40 mph on the speedo - the speedo
obviously has to be wrong.

Richard and Lisa White
'99 Sprint ST
'98 Sprint Executive