Re: Center Stand etc...

Greetings Lisa,

>First, the center stand was added and it has the tabs on it like it is
>supposed to, however, I recall in a previous post that some of them were
>contacting the body.  After I got the bike home and was able to inspect
>it better, I found that the tab on this stand indeed rubs against the
>body slightly as it it being lowered.  Can anyone help me out with what
>the fix for this was.

The new tabs on the inside are designed to spread the load placed against
the frame tabs when it is on the centerstand. There were a few instances of
the stand going too far over TDC and either snapping the stand or the tabs
on the frame (ouch). My tabs rubbed on the bottom of the frame after I
first had it installed, but after using it a few times, the contact point
was worn away.

>Second, is it possible to set up the list so that there is a way to go
>back and read old posts and search through them like is possible for the
>T5 digest?  It would make it easier to seach back for things (such as
>center stands) you recall seeing but didn't save for one reason or
>another.  It might also reduce the number of times we revisit old
>threads.

Anything is possible - it's just a matter of time to set it up and space to
host it. Will examine the possibility and let you know - but it won't be in
the next few weeks. Also, the archives you mentioned - were they on the T5
digest or Triumph Digest? I couldn't find them on the T5 site (but I
remember archives being available at one point for the Triumph Digest).

Maybe in the meantime, you (the listers) could make suggestions on what we
need to include in the FAQ section of the site.

>Third, I believe Triumph needs to update their inventory management
>system.  When we bought the bike about 2 weeks ago, we ordered the 2
>pannier system.  My dealer called in and was told they had them in stock
>(on the computer) and should be able to get them on their way
>immediately.  Well it turns out that they are not here as promised and
>they are likely another two weeks away.  How it happened is that the

I agree here - what I really enjoy is when you get different stories from
the same person on the same part. My heated grips were on the way to the
store in mid January - but by the first week of February they had not been
received in the US yet ...... hmmmmm

>Fourth, I believe the speedo is way off, 100 mph at 6000 rpm (most
>recent rev limit) is far too smooth.  It felt much more like around
>85-90 mph.  Also, I took a sharp right corner, the type with a posted
>speed limit of 15 mph, at around 35-40 mph on the speedo - the speedo
>obviously has to be wrong.

Well, lisa don't try using that excuse with the officer when he pulls you
over for 100 in the 45 zone. Your speedo is almost dead on mathematically
according to Arno's gear splitter program (from the T5 list). Using stock
gearing (18/43) in 6th gear with a rear tire circumference of 77" (what
mine is with 1200 miles on it),  I get the speed returned of 97.44 MPH -
that would be close enough for me. I may get around to mounting my extra
Sigma this weekend and if I do, I will post back the results (both in MPH
and RPMs). Sigmas are usually very close - error normally runs in the +/-
1% range.

- - Eric