Gas Gauge Update, Center stand, Pipe and Heated Grip Observations

Hello All,

Just had my BLACK ST (1100 miles now) in to get the heated grips,
hi-performance muffler/tune and gas gauge checked.  I was told the sending
unit (the part that tells the gauge what level it should show) is defective
and will need replaced.  I was told about 3 days for the part.  My dealer's
opinion is that maybe a run of the sending units are bad.  To his knowledge
there has been no recall or information my Triumph regarding this.

I received a 10% discount on the price of the heated grips and had my dealer
install them as I was afraid of installing the switch.  I was charged for
about 2 hours of labor for them.  I must say the dealer (Howells' Triumph,
New Kingstown, PA) did a beautiful job of installing the switch in the
fairing.  It looks great and the grips get HOT!  Here in Harrisburg, PA  it
is still pretty cold and man do the grips make a difference!  I also prefer
the larger diameter and contours of the heated grips over the stock.

The new muffler is not overly loud and makes lots more throaty, growly type
sounds than the stocker.  My dealer got the new tune loaded without a
problem.  It runs smooth at low rpm or high.

The centerstand replacement finally came in and now I have a complete bike
except I am still waiting for the panniers.  But hey, better than waiting
for the bike!!!

Ride safe!

Charlie