Re: Hugger, screens, low rpm probs, speedo, fuel gauge, panniers

At 02:31 AM 03/20/1999 -0500, Rick wrote:
>Hugger:  I seem to remember asking if the hugger for the Speed Triple would
>work and I recall Ross form Triumph had posted that it didn't fit quite right
>in a couple places but they were working on it.  Then I heard about the
carbon
>fiber one that fit quite well from an aftermarket company.  Now I'm hearing
>the Speed Triple A9748002 one does fit.  I'm confused.  Help?

The one that wouldn't fit originally was the JL Carbon Fiber one, but he
had it redesigned and they should now be available. Does anyone have the
Triumph hugger installed? and can you give some feedback?

>Still no feedback from Triumph on the taller screens...?

nope - I've even emailed to Triumph USA and got no response on the part
numbers

>pipe tune solves this problem as well?  British USA Houston doesn't have a CO
>meter- is this required by Triumph for proper tuning of the bike?

Triumph has not put there foot down and required that dealerships have the
CO meter. It is amazing how many problems can be solved by  having one in
the shop, yet many refuse to outlay the cash and instead play the back and
forth game until they think they have it correct. My dealer finally
borrowed one to fix my 509. After 15 minutes everything was setup ok and my
stalling problems went away. But of course they still didn't buy one ......

>I'm gonna keep bitichin' about my brand new bike with the screwey fuel gauge
>until somebody at Triumph says they're working on a fix.

I will as well - they'll have to do something - just so they can shut us up
;-)

>I ordered my three box panniers in early January...  I got $5 that says I
>won't see them until at least April...  any takers?

OK - I've got an urge to throw away some money - I'll take that wager for
$5, but we are betting on when it will arrive at the dealer - not when it
is installed correct? Talk to you on April fools day ....

- - Eric