New Pipe!

I took my ST to my dealer today (Lone Star - Austin, TX).  I got there at
9:30 and at 10:15 they were finished installing the Triumph carbon fiber
pipe, new chip tune and the new "improved" center stand.  They lubed the
chain, wiped the bike of and checked it over for any obvious problems.  The
mechanic (Chuck) disconnected the fuel gauge so it reads totally empty.  Now
it will not drive me crazy while we wait for the parents of the bike to get
out of the pub and find a solution :-)   The dealer said not to worry. it
will be taken care of no matter how long it takes and I still have the trip
odometer which I like to use anyway.
  The pipe sounds GOOD!  it is mellow, deep and not loud.  I had a Staintune
on my VFR and a D&D on another bike.  This is nothing like that.  Those were
a lot louder and not the same sound quality.  I have Terningoni's on my
Ducati Monster and the triumph pipe sounds similar except of course more
fire pulses and a higher frequency sound.  I watch car drivers when I pass
as I hate to be too loud and nobody gave me the finger or anything; heck
nobody even flinched.  The bike runs better with the new tune.  It pulls
smooth and strong up to redline.  With the saddlebags on (yes I have mine) I
saw an indicated 154mph on the way home.  I am sure it will pull to redline
in top gear.  Tomorrow I will check my speedometer with my GPS and my Radar
Gun.
I love that bike.

James Lock